Sometimes you'll only have a very fuzzy or flimsy sense of your story, or you'll have done some planning but something isn't working.
If you don’t do the development work upfront you risk never finishing, or end up writing drafts that sag in the middle, or don’t deliver at the end. If you don't do this development work you'll end up disappointed and frustrated.
Using Author Accelerator's Blueprint for a Book, I'll help you develop your story's fundamentals, define its structure, and begin to write scenes that help clarify your voice and your vision.
1. Based on a Client Intaking Q&A, I'll evaluate your writing background, your goals, your motivation, your coachability, and your genre and idea.
2. I'll also evaluate your 5-10 sample pages, if you have them, so I can let you know what I'm seeing in terms of scope of work and what needs to be addressed.
3. I'll write an email to you about your sample pages with my thoughts about the biggest issues I see in the pages and what I suggest you work on first.
4. If we're both happy to move forward, I'll invoice you, then send you a Blueprint for a Book workbook. Expect to take 12 hours to work through the workbook's exercises. We can also split the workbook into sections if you prefer - this is especially useful when you only have a glimmer of an idea.
5. When the workbook (or each section) is complete, I will return the exercises with in-line comments.
6. Once the comments have settled with you (normally one week) we'll have a one hour videoconference to talk through the feedback. This is especially useful if you have questions or need further guidance.
Either book some time with me to discuss, using the Let's Talk section on the home page, or go ahead and complete the Tell Me About Your Project if you'd prefer to stick to email. Thanks!